Saturday, October 30, 2010

Me and the 5K

For whatever reason, I decided at some point last week that I want to run in a 5k on Thanksgiving Day. It's a fundraiser for our local Rescue Mission.  When you register, there are two options--run or walk. 
The logical option for me would be to walk as I haven't been to the gym on a regular basis in months. And months.  So, of course, I decided to register to run.
I woke up this morning with a candy corn hangover (big candy day at school yesterday) but with a determination to start training for the 5k. Did I mention that the 5k is Thanksgiving morning--um, less than a month away?
I hit the gym and made it through Body Pump and Body Flow with a minimum of shaky arms and noodle legs. Then I took advantage of a beautiful day to walk outside on a track. And that's when the monkey jumped on my back. Each step felt as I were walking through cement. I managed, barely, to walk one mile and then stopped for a caramel apple latte on my way home. I wonder if lattes fit into any training program?
Stay tuned. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Caitlyn. You should know because you posted on my blog? I also like your blog and hope that you keep up your own blog.

    ReplyDelete